How Lampe Berger Fragrance Oil Lamps Work
Lampe Berger Fragrance Lamp Usage Instructions and Tips
- Fill your fragrance lamp with your favorite fragrance oil. Make sure to not overfill the lamp. Lampe Berger recommends that you fill your lamp to a maximum of 2/3 full. We find that about 1/2 full works best.
- Insert your catalytic burner and wick securely into your fragrance lamp. If this is your burner's first use, let the wick soak up the fragrance oil for about 20 minutes before lighting your lamp.
- Light the catalytic burner and let the flame burn for about 2 minutes.
- Blow out the flame and put the open protective top on your fragrance lamp. The average size room only requires about 20 minutes of use.
- When finished, remove the open protective top and place the stopper cap on the catalytic burner to extinguish your fragrance lamp. Be careful, the catalytic burner will be hot. Put your open protective top back on.
- When switching the fragrance oil to a new scent, it is recommended that you empty any remaining fragrance oil and burn Lampe Berger Neutral oil for about 20 minutes. This will clean your catalytic burner so it is ready for use with the new fragrance oil.
- Regular maintenance of your catalytic burner will prolong its life. If your burner becomes dark and doesn't seem to work, you may need to clean your catalytic burner. Using Neutral oil in your Lampe Berger lamp, light your burner and let the flame stay lit for a while. This should burn off some of the soot that accumulated on your burner. With proper maintenance, your catalytic burner should last about 200 hours or one year.
- If your Lampe Berger burner / wick will not stay lit, you may want to check out our blog post on this topic for some additional advice.
Below is a short video that walks you through the detailed steps written above on how to use your new Lampe Berger lamp. After watching this easy to follow instructional video, you will be enjoying the lovely fragrance of your choice from your Lampe Berger fragrance oil lamp before you know it.